Friday, February 09, 2007

Przemysl Landsmanschaft in NYC

Though not Przemysl specific, there is some interesting stuff at The Museum of Family History web site. In addition to excellent narratives on immigration, particularly from the Russian Pale, I found the extensive collection of family post cards to be revealing. The cemetery maps are also quite useful.

This photo of the cemetery in Elmont also caught my eye as it is where my Przemysl grandparents - Fannie Metzger and Emanuel Silberman - are burried.

This memorial was erected by Congregation Tifereth Joseph Anshei Przemysl (founded in 1891 in New York). They are the only Przemysl Landsmanschaft (a society of people from the town) that I know of in America. Last time I contacted them, Gerry Meister was the President.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home