Monday, March 16, 2015

Family Nussbaum

The Nussbaum family owned Przemysl's first electric mill in the '30s. Judging from the photo, they also played tennis.

Hi David,

My husband’s family, the Nussbaums, were from Przemysl. They owned the first electric mill in Przemysl. Attached is a picture of my father-in-law taken sometime in the late 1930’s in Przemysl. My father-in-law is the man seated. Mojżesz Nussbaum, born 1918. I do not know who the other people are – probably cousins. My father-in-laws father was Sali (Shlomo) Nussbaum. His first wife (mother of my father-in-law) was Leiba Ehrenfreund. She died young and Sali married Shoshana Ehrenfreund. Sali was from Hussakow, Mosciska. His family were bankers. Most of the family perished in the Shoah. Only my father-in-law and his brother, Berisch survived.

Regards Penni

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home