Thursday, November 16, 2006

Poles discover their Jewish roots

Adam Easton of BBC News has an interesting piece today on Poles re-discovering their Jewish roots. The story centers on Pawel, a young ex-skinhead who makes a starling discovery about his own background:

"A young person always needs to find an enemy and we found this enemy in Jews, blacks and Gypsies."

Six years ago, Pawel made a discovery that turned his life upside down - he found out that he was Jewish. His parents had turned their back on Jewish life and they had never told him about his background.

"When I looked into the mirror I asked myself: why should I be a Jew? It was the biggest shock of my life. It was really a huge blow. For most of my life I hated them. It was too much to take in at once."

Click HERE to read the whole story. Hat tip: Dr. Hartman.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home